Monday, November 3, 2008

Cabinet of Curiosities

I'm not a big horror fan. I have trouble reading things that tend to stay in my memory and my dreams.Stephen King, Dean Koontz... these authors are well known and quite popular. And I stay away from them But here is another author that you might try: Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child. I have just finished Cabinet of Curiosities and realized after I was well hooked by the story that these could easily be classified as horror. The story revolves around a grisly discovery at a construction site of several dozen long dead bodies, a curator at the New York Museum of Natural History, and special FBI agent Pendergast. The story is about a serial killer who is seeking the 'fountain of everlasting life' through his bizzare experiments. There is some great history woven into the stories as well as cool tours into the archives of a natural history museum. Cabinet is actually book 3 of the Pendergast series so if you're a stickler about starting at the beginning read Relic, then Reliquary before you pick this one up. But beware, these books will keep you reaching for more!

No comments: