Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hound of the Baskervilles

I finished listening to one of Sherlock Holme's most famous tales by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle tale this morning. If it had been Halloween time I would have been properly 'creeped out' as it were! I have seen video versions of this story, but never have I read or heard it all the way through. This was a WILBOR download onto my IPOD and I thoroughly enjoyed the tale! This is one book that is probably more readily available for download than some of the more current titles, but it was a great time to get in some "classic" stories! I love doyles language and the very vivid pictures he paints of the English Moor, and of the characters from the late 1800's that fill this story. The image of an English manorhouse upon the edge of a dark, mysterious place was properly spooky! This is a wonderful story to listen to, and I recommend this book.

No comments: