Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Reading Resolutions

I know, January is half over. This is a fine time for 'New Year's Resolutions' but I guess there's no time like now to get started. Every year I resolve to 'READ MORE' and every year I fall somewhere between making the goal and not knowing what that actually means. So. Here are 4 specific things I'm planning to do with my reading this year:

  1. I will read from a genre I don't usually try. (Time for Terry Brooks, Bill)
  2. I will read a book from the year I was born. (would you believe i might have to read Catcher in the Rye)
  3. I will reread a book from my childhood (Diary of Anne Frank might fit here. Or should I try Wuthering Heights or a Trixie Belden book?)
  4. I will read one mystery forcing myself NOT to look at the end of the book before i finish.
  5. For good measure I will read every night instead of some of my wasteful use of time. (I don't think I'll tell you how I waste time.)

So, how about you? What reading resolutions have you had this year? I'd love to hear!

No comments: