Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella


Ok, it's a good thing I didn't have anything else to read when I started on this book or I would have trashed it at page 10. I was extremely frustrated by the main character Rebecca Bloomwood, expecting her to have a whole lot more sense from the get go, seeing that she was a financial advisor and writer. I also have trouble with people who think that the latest fashion trend is going to solve their problems, make them popular, or as in Rebecca's case satisfy this inner longing to 'possess'. I felt considerably better by the time I got to the end of the book, though. And, looking back I could laugh at the contortions that our heroine made to posess one lovely scarf at the expense of her imaginary dying aunt! I think that anyone who loves fashion and style will be able to relate to this story a whole lot more than I did. But I'm glad I read it. Anyone wanting a quick lite read, this is the book for you! Then if you find you liked this book more than I did, you'll be in luck because author Kinsella has a whole series of "Shopaholic" books.

No comments: