Sunday, August 23, 2009

September Book Club


My very favorite kind of book can be any genre - you know, a mystery, a romance, science fiction or a western, but it has to be one that I can't put down. And when I do put it down I have to be thinking about it, wondering about it's characters, the story line and what new turn I'm going to find. Then When I get to the end. Well, there is the great sadness. Ending a book I really like is, at the same time bittersweet and satisfying. Not to many books out there that I feel that way about but Mark Haddon's The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time was one of them. This was a book recommended by my sister. She usually has some really good story for me to read when I go visit her and I end up reading the story instead of visiting the way a good sister should. I can't tell you how many times that's happened. This means that when she tells me the book is "really good" I usually believe her and pick it up and get going. She rarely disappoints me.

All this as a lead in to Haddon's wonderful book about a 15 year old boy with Asperger's. The story is told from Christopher's point of view and I really liked that about the book. It gave me perspective and respect for not just those I know who are autistic but who are 'different'. This book is our September book Club selection. Be sure to stop down and pick up a copy. Enjoy the read then we'll see you at book Club On September 8 at 5:30

No comments: